Wednesday, 4 January 2017

I am scared

I am scared


I am scared to explore for the list of crimes against women is long.
I am scared to trust new people for it may render me a mong.
I am scared to believe in my dreams for following them may prove me WRONG.
I am scared to see the increasing numbers in my age causing 'its' imminence.
I am scared to kill the child within me for I will lose my innocence.
I also scare the sight of an ambulance. 
I am scared to tell my parents that even if I am a girl - I am wise enough to evolve.
I am scared to fall in love - I am scared to get involved.
I am scared to look good - I am scared to be judged.
I am scared to leave my loved ones behind,
I am scared to not being able to keep their expectations.
I am scared to be a she - I am scared to be me.

I am scared, oh yes I do get scared sometimes,
But is there anything WRONG* in being scared?
Well then, I am scared to be scared!


Note:
WRONG - This word is vast and indefinable. Because what is wrong for some, is right for others. For example, car driving by women is considered wrong in Saudi Arabia.

No comments:

Post a Comment