Wednesday, 11 May 2016

When I was a kid


When I was a kid
I used to think there lives a ghost beneath my bed who will grab my leg when lights are put off
Now I realize there are monsters residing in each one of us deriding us to scoff

When I was a kid
I was scared of my Maths teacher whose HW I would repel
Now I am scared of being myself

When I was a kid
I used to count stars in the sky at night
Now I can’t even count on people; I fright

When I was a kid
I used to have a lot of friends with whom I used to steal looks
Now I have them only on face book

When I was a kid
I used to wish on a falling star
Now I wish the relationships I create don’t fall apart

When I was a kid
Flaunting the innocent hair of my body wasn’t disreputable
But now I need to get them raked off to look more presentable

When I was a kid
I could stand and sit according to my comfort
Now I am required to behave like a lady to keep the covert

When I was a kid
there were so many dreams in my eyes
Now I am scared of dreaming to avoid more sighs

When I was a kid
my little school skirt was not an invitation and was very gentle
But today my shorts will turn people judgemental

When I was a kid
I could laugh my lungs out without being mocked at
But now I have to maintain the decorum when I am sitting in a group for chat


When I was a kid
I wanted to be Cindrella whose prince charming came to rescue her
But now I know the prince must have burned her alive because she was poor.
How much I wish I could be a kid forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment